The Representation You Deserve with a Criminal Defense Attorney in Peoria IL
Everyone makes mistakes, and some are worse than others. Some mistakes can lead to fines, probation, and even jail time. However, you shouldn’t make another mistake by going without representation for your case. You deserve a criminal defense attorney in Peoria IL who can address your situation and help you reduce any sentence you may face. And in cases where you are innocent, an attorney can help prove that, too. So, don’t delay in contacting a defense lawyer for your case; give the professionals at Schierer & Ritchie, LLC a call today.
At Schierer & Ritchie, we do extensive legal work for those facing criminal charges on all levels. We understand when dealing with the accusation of a crime, it can seem like everyone is working against you. Our law firm believes every person has the right to a fair trial, and the ability to showcase their side of a case. Our 30 years of experience help us get the best possible results for our clients. Moreover, as a locally based attorney duo, we have the insight you need to get ahead of charges in the Greater Peoria area.
Don’t Go Without Legal Help
One of the biggest problems people face after being accused of a crime falls on the representation they secure. Many go with the public defender option, while others opt to represent their selves. At Schierer & Ritchie, we’re here to tell you neither of these options is in your best interest. You want a staunch defender who will learn your case inside and out.
- Don’t Represent Yourself
- You may feel trapped and alone during the legal proceedings following an accusation. But you know your case better than anyone else, so you’re going to represent yourself best, right? Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. A lawyer will know the intricacies of criminal law better than you. We can develop a sound argument and strategy, potentially reducing or eliminating charges against you.
- Don’t Go with a Public Defender If You Can Help It
- When the only other option is representing yourself, choose the public defender. A public defender will at least know the legal system and how to present your case. However, in most scenarios, you’ll only be meeting your defender on the day of the trial. If you want an attorney to thoroughly look at your case and gather any potential evidence and witnesses, you need representation from the moment you are arrested.
- Don’t Choose Big Name over Local
- While a big-name attorney can claim success with an extensive list of clients, some of that “success” can be blown out of proportion. Especially if the attorney isn’t locally based, they won’t possess the level of connections a hometown lawyer does. You might receive a better sentencing option, but better doesn’t mean best. Allow local defenders, like Schierer & Ritchie, to get you the best possible outcome.
The Criminal Cases We Help Resolve
As a criminal defense attorney for Peoria IL with plenty of experience reaching successful outcomes for our clients, we have developed an extensive list of cases we are familiar with. For example, some of those cases include:
- Drug Crimes – The possession, sale or production of illegal substances. Such substances include cocaine, heroin, LSD, meth and others.
- DUIs – One of the most serious of traffic crimes. A DUI can be obtained when driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance, such as alcohol or marijuana.
- Violent Offenses – Assault, battery, murder, manslaughter and other crimes that are of a violent nature, and lead to the harm of other individuals.
- Theft Crimes – Includes shoplifting, mugging, robbery, burglary and other crimes where you take the possessions of others. These offenses can sometimes dip into violent territory.
- Gun Crimes – The illegal sale, possession or handling of any firearms. These offenses can often be associated with a combination of violent or theft crimes.
- Sex Offences – When you face an accusation of child pornography, solicitation of a minor, rape, prostitution and other related offenses.
Call Our Office
If facing a criminal accusation, you deserve quality representation from a reputable criminal defense attorney in Peoria IL. Give the professionals at Schierer & Ritchie, LLC a call today. You can contact us at 309-245-0849 and ask about a free consultation. Also, we are located at 1009 Illini Dr, East Peoria, IL 61611.