Fight for Your Rights with an Injury Lawyer in East Peoria IL
When accidents take a turn for the worst, you can be left severely injured or worse. And after said injury, what can you do but do your best to recover? Unfortunately, recovery often requires thousands of dollars in medical bills and even more in missed wages if damage puts you out of work. Indeed, when you’re not at fault for such an accident, why should you be expected to pay the price for it? That’s where an injury lawyer for East Peoria IL comes in. By hiring the professionals at Schierer & Ritchie, LLC, you can fight for your rights and earn the compensation you deserve.
Schierer & Ritchie, LLC, have helped the individuals and families of Central Illinois for over a decade. The married attorney duo has incredible experience handling some of the most difficult personal injury cases. From auto accidents, to medical malpractice, to defective products and more, we can make the legal system work in your favor. Moreover, we can ensure you and your family are protected and don’t have to suffer financially after a severe accident derails your life.
The Best Ways to Get Your Compensation
To get you the appropriate amount of compensation for your case, we can negotiate on your behalf. However, there are steps you can take to help along the process yourself. For example:
- Seek Treatment
- You might be worried about acquiring too much debt in medical bills, but your best course of action is to take every action a doctor may recommend. By getting the appropriate amount of treatment you need, we can better assess the overall cost. Thus, we can take that cost to bolster your case and argue for enough compensation to cover every expense.
- Keep Evidence
- While it is the job of your attorney to gather any evidence and testimony needed for your case, anything you accumulate yourself can only bolster your injury claim. This can include any potential witnesses to your injury, the main instigator of damage, statements from police officers or medical professionals, etc. Otherwise, your attorney will put together anything you contribute into a cohesive and robust case for your compensation.
- Continue Living Life
- It will be tempting to want to push for getting your compensation right away, but most personal injury claims take time to put together. The best thing you can do for yourself is to continue living your life to the best of your ability. While you utilize your time best by recovering from your injury, we will work behind the scenes to build your case. When the time comes, we will make the necessary appeals or represent you in court.
Common Cases We Handle
Your injury lawyer in East Peoria IL should have a broad knowledge of numerous personal injury scenarios, so to best determine how to tackle your unique case. Thankfully, Schierer & Ritchie, LLC, has plenty of experience successfully trying cases involving:
- Defective Products – If a tool, medication, toy, piece of equipment, etc. does not function as it is intended, and harms you or a loved one in the process.
- Medical Malpractice – When a doctor or other medical professional makes a mistake when treating you, thus causing you further harm as a result.
- Auto Accidents – Any accident involving the collision of your vehicle, and can be the cause of distracted driving, drunk driving, reckless driving, etc.
- Nursing Home Neglect – If you or a loved one living in a nursing home is being physically and/or emotionally neglected, you can take legal action.
Call a Lawyer
Allow Schierer & Ritchie, LLC, to be there for you when you need an injury lawyer in East Peoria IL. Call us today at (309) 839-2024 to schedule a free consultation. Also, we are located at 1009 Illini Dr, East Peoria, IL 61611.